What pain relief medicine should i order for extracting my wisdom teeth?

What pain relief medicine should i order for extracting my wisdom teeth?
I just extracted two of my bottom wisdom teeth and i the doctor didn’t give me a prescription for pain relief medicine. Can you guys recommend what i should get?

Best answer:

Answer by coco pops
codis,or cocodamol or iburofen….works a treat

What do you think? Answer below!

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
12 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
bin there dun that
bin there dun that
8 years ago

This is what I was told in the hospital by nurses. And they tell this to patients who don’t have drug plans because it works so well.

Equal amount of tylenol and advil, but only up to two of each. The store brand equivalents will work just as well.

It worked for me.

mamaboy7
mamaboy7
8 years ago

call him back and tell him to prescribe something. nothing over the counter is gonna help

JRCarpentier
JRCarpentier

cocaine.

Dawn J
Dawn J
8 years ago

Ibuprophen is the best for pain, reduces swelling as well. You can use ice packets(in ziploc bag) and keep on for 15 mins at a time, it helps as well. Good luck.

toothfairy1987
toothfairy1987
8 years ago

I would call and ask him to prescribe something. If it wasn’t very complicated though, you would probably do fine w/ about 4-600 mg motrin and 2 hours later, 2 tylenol for the first 24-36 hours.

acracker269
acracker269
8 years ago

When you have your teeth extracted, the most common script is ibuprofen 800mg. This not only kills the pain, but it helps with swelling too. Try to stray away from aspirin. Also, Eat something when taking this much Ibuprofen….it can damage your liver:)

chicknamedsam
chicknamedsam
8 years ago

A BIG bottle of Jack Daniels! I’m not kidding, either! The old school way of helping kids with teething pain, was to put whiskey on it. Rinse with it, drink it, whatever!

old_woman_84
old_woman_84
8 years ago

acracker–is right. The only thing–don’t be eating today and someone said to rinse–do not rinse today. You will get a dry socker and that is bad. I know from experience. But the medication–800 mg. of ibuprophen is what my dentist would order–and the ice packs will help. Good luck

Hayduke
Hayduke
8 years ago

If they won’t write you a ‘script for anything, 800mg of ibuprofin and ice do the job..

Dr. Carlson
Dr. Carlson
8 years ago

600mg Ibuprofen every 6 hours –that is a safe amount to take each day, but you should not exceed this amount.

Dr. Chris  (DMD)
Dr. Chris (DMD)
8 years ago

As a dentist myself I always recommend Motrin (Ibuprofen), this is the best Over The Counter pain reliever as it will not only help with pain but will also help with inflammation. I usually recommend that my patients take between 600-800mg for ages over 18. Also try an ice pack, this will help numb the area affected and help with inflammation as well. If the pain becomes severe you may want to consider calling your dentists emergency number for advice or to have him/her call you in some narcotic pain medication. Good luck and feel better soon!

fallingstarkristen
fallingstarkristen
8 years ago

Dr. Chris is right, when I had an abscess the only thing that worked was Ibuprofen, so I know it will for an extraction. Hope you feel better soon and use lots of ice packs!!